- Create a new Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, or Form
- Click the File menu, select "New" and click "From template"
- Click on the "Public Templates" tab at the top to view all of templates submitted to the Template Gallery
- Click the "Types" and "Categories" links on the left to narrow down the kinds of templates that are displayed
- If you see a template that you would like to take a closer look at, click the "Preview" link next to that template
- If you like the template and you would like to use it to create a new Document, click "Use this template". If you don't want to use the template, click the "Close this window" link to return to the Template Gallery
- When you use a template, a fresh copy of that template will be created in your Drive
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Day 17 - Use the Template Gallery
Like Microsoft Office, Google Drive has a Template Gallery with a large variety of templates that can help you get your Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, or Form started. Unfortunately, this great feature in Google Drive is a little hidden and takes a few clicks to discover.