Some modern web browsers (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) offer the option to "pin" browser tabs so that the web pages and applications you use the most are always available as soon as you open your web browser. This is a great way to keep your Google Drive available so that it's always ready when you want to create, edit or view a document.
- Open your Google Drive using Google Chrome
- Right-click on the "My Drive" at the top of the web browser window
- Select "Pin tab" from the menu that appears
- The "My Drive" tab will shrink and "pin" itself to the left of the browser window
- You can pin all of your most used websites and services (e.g. Gmail, Infinite Campus, etc.). Any tabs that you pin will automatically appear each time you open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on that specific computer
Try using Google Drive, Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations instead of always using Microsoft Office and start to benefit from having the latest versions of all of your Documents and files available from any device.